Monday, June 29, 2009

June 29 - NECC 2009

Today I attended "I've got Moodle! Now What!" This class was presented by Randy Orwin. My goal for taking this class was to gain an better understanding of the advanced features of Moodle.

Here are some of my notes:

Course Appearance:
  • Too much information on one page is distracting to the student.
  • Use no more than a two column set up.
  • Use one line of text in a section header or the "Jump to" bar will get very long.

Commonly Asked Questions:

How do I hide section zero?

  1. Turn editing on
  2. Move the news forum to section 1
  3. Turn editing off

How do upload more than one file to Moodle?

  1. Select the files you wish to upload
  2. Compress/Zip them into a single folder
  3. Upload to Moodle
  4. Unzip

Mental Note:

  • ExamView can be imported into Moodle
In order for students to become 21st Century Learners, they can not be hand fed step by step what to do when they are introduced to new technologies; they need to be transformed into "Experiential Learners" and learn as they experience the technology - Randy Orwin.

Links:

1 comment:

User said...

I wish he had been more detailed for both our sakes but I thank you for you good attitude and the fact that you brought out good information.